Notices

Except for that one slip...

Old 01-17-2017, 10:34 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

No, I asked what you really wanted to discuss, what is behind this new thread of yours. If you don't wish to answer and continue in this fashion, then that's OK.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:44 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tatsy View Post
No, I asked what you really wanted to discuss, what is behind this new thread of yours. If you don't wish to answer and continue in this fashion, then that's OK.
I am not sure what is meant by the last sentence.

If I relapsed after a long period of sobriety, I need to admit that something wasn't working. But instead I continue to tell myself and others that I have accomplished being sober for five months, even though I have relapsed...

The reason I am asking other people what they think is that I am having a hard time articulating why I don't think it's best to act as if a relapse doesn't count because it was one night, or to tell someone younger than me in recovery that I have found a way to make this work for five months except for one slip up.. In what ways does this limit ME and in what way could it influence another's recovery?
Old 01-17-2017, 10:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

This thread has been closed. Discussion of topics is allowed and welcome here on SR but arguments/personal debates and outside agendas are not per site policy.

Last edited by ScottFromWI; 01-17-2017 at 11:04 AM.