Notices

2 Years Ago....

Old 07-19-2006, 06:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 Years Ago....

I was sitting in my dingy apartment, wondering how I had gotten so far into a hole. I was in a relationship that meant nothing to either side. It was simply existant. I was at a job that held no future for me. My mind was the worst mess I had ever known. I wasnt doing so well, apparently.

Then I decided to become sober. I took everything I had and destroyed it, completely. I ended the barely existant relationship I had and I moved. I moved 3000+ miles away. To the other side of the US. I spent 8 months there. I will admit, it wasnt the best 8 months, but it was worth it.

On April 29, 2005... I stepped foot back in California. I had bee sober for 8 months and I was ready to start fresh. I got a (much) better job then what I had before. And I found someone who understood what I was going thru, not by experience, but by understanding ME. I then got my own apartment. No nasty relationship mucking it up.

And today, on July 19, 2006; I can officially say... 2 YEARS! I have to admit, its one of the best feelings I have ever felt. And I know it will keep feeling this good if not better because Im putting more and more time between me and the nasty times in the past.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on your two years. I hope i can be there too someday.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nickaroma86
Congrats on your two years. I hope i can be there too someday.

You will get there. Have Faith; Faith in yourself. It is the most important thing. If you dont, you will struggle. Know that you CAN do it and it WILL happen. I have Faith in you too.