Notices

only 5 days sober

Old 10-29-2008, 02:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

only 5 days sober

i wrote on another thread that i had been sober for 6 months, this was a lie i guess i was ashamed to admit i was still a drunk, and a hopeless drunk, anyway last fryday i went and got drunk at the pub, when we got home a frightening scary thing started to happen to me, i wont say what it was because i will get told i should have gone to hospital but i didnt, im ok now but im so frightened it will happen again if i drink, which i dont want to ,
anyway i asked for this to happen to me, i prayed to god a few weeks ago and asked him to make me ill so i physically couldnt drink, and it looks like he answered my prayer,
so here i am, this is my wake up call, as far as im concerned if i drink again i could well die, i sank as low as i could go, almost died, almost lost everything and now ive been given another chance, i feel strangely calm for some reason and more optimistic than for a long , long time just thought i'd share this ,
Old 10-29-2008, 02:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

Thats how I felt the last time I used. It was scary and I never want to feel that way again. Whenever I feel like I want to use I think of that time.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

its now 11 days, i thought by now i would have bags of energy but i havent, is this normal? does any one know how long it takes to feel 'normal' again, although i guess with the ammount i got through it will take time to recover but i'm so tired,
TIA
Old 11-11-2008, 01:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am on day 11 and like you I am waiting for energy and motivation. I am also waiting for the mood swings to ease up. I am often bored and unsure of what to do with myself. Throughout all of it though I am happy for my short sobriety. For us, I think time is our best friend
Old 11-12-2008, 06:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

juliwuli, how you are feeling today? I hope you are still reading and posting... This place is wonderful, isn't it? Today is day 24 for me... I have been up and down through out my recovery. Last week I was extremely tired, but this week so far I have felt much more energized. Everyone reacts differently... but I assure you it will get better. One day at a time!
Old 11-12-2008, 07:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow, read this and can feel for you, relapses as they call them get worse each time, my last was the worst yet. I am so afraid to drink again as I do fear death or mental lock up. Keep posting, would like to know how you are doing. I am day 9 today. and plugging. :praying
Old 11-17-2008, 04:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hola.. Day 2 here.. I came here to post something similar, now I don't need to.. I thought I was the only one scared, afraid of alcohol-related death. I'm also trying to get better... thanks for sharing.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome!

Originally Posted by nixbereuen View Post
Hola.. Day 2 here.. I came here to post something similar, now I don't need to.. I thought I was the only one scared, afraid of alcohol-related death. I'm also trying to get better... thanks for sharing.
Congratulations on chooseing sobriety!