Notices

Nothing wrong with ME.

Old 08-16-2005, 10:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nothing wrong with ME.

I remember the day I found SR, I wasn't looking for help for myself. I didn't think there was anything wrong with me, or my behaviors. I was searching for information about narcotic addiction, certain that I'd find something to make sure Mike stayed clean, since he'd been released on bond and had been clean for 5 months - 3 in county jail, 2 on his own. I knew that I was going to find the magic 'cure' that he needed. I was so naive.

I found SoberRecovery in my search results, and stumbled into the forums. I figured that if I read some of the posts, one of the recovering addicts would have the answer...then I figured that the nar-anon boards would have the magic I needed to stop him from ever using again. Naive again. My first post got me responses from MeggieStar, Ann, splendra, Hangin' In, wishIsedNO, Hopefloats, and NeedingAnswers. Ann gave me my very, very first "Hands off the Addict." (Thanks Ann.) And the others, well they gave me my first clue that maybe I had some part in things...no, not that I made him use, but that maybe I could change some things about me, about how I acted toward his addiction. So, I stuck around, I read, I asked questions, and boy, did I bitch a lot...you think I got my name for no reason?

Because so many people here took the time to teach me a few slogans, explain concepts like detachment, boundaries, acceptance, and powerlessness, and to just plain old understand a part of my life that I hadn't opened up to anyone else, today I can say I am a different person, I hope a better one. And with the help of all of you, I can continue to change the things that are mine to change, continue to work on the things that need work, and receive encouragement when I just don't think I can do it anymore.

Love, Hugs, and Thanks to SR and everyone who is a part of it.

Trisha
Old 08-16-2005, 03:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This aught to be an inspiration for those who read it...thanks for your notes, really![/QUOTE]you knew how to navigate your own heart!!!