Notices

I didn't realize....

Old 08-16-2005, 03:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

I didn't realize....

...what I had found here when I first found it. I was actually searching for another recovery board when I stumbled on to SR. I was about 3 1/2 months clean and sober and floating on that typical pink cloud. I know I had just started a temporary job where I had HOURS in front of the computer with nothing to do, so I came here alot. I read and posted and was blown away by the warmth, compassion, and support shown by the people who frequented this site.

Since my first visit, a lot of amazing things have happened in my life. The most important thing for me is that I have managed to stay clean and sober. I am now back to teaching, my daughter is doing better than ever, and I have made a host of new friends. Sometimes I can't even relate to the person I was just over 18 months ago. I am grateful for today and can't wait to see what the future brings.

Thank you, Jon, for building such a wonderful place. And thank you to all the mods who help keep it running. But most of all, thank you to all the beautiful people who come here every day and help me by sharing their struggles, triumphs, hopes and fears. I love you all!!!
Old 08-16-2005, 03:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

P.S. When I went back to look for my first post, I realized I never actually formally introduced myself. Kinda silly, don't ya know. Maybe I will have to do that some time!!!!!