Notices

Picture this:

Old 08-24-2017, 10:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Picture this:

You wake up. It's completely dark, you can't see a damn thing. As you try to feel around for something -- anything -- you feel a solid object hit your hand. It's your phone. To your surprise, the flashlight reveals several faces whom you don't recognize. You search around a bit more to find that you're in a closet full of people; drunk and passed out. You stumble out of the closet, into a house that you don't recognize. You have no idea where you are, or how to get home. All you can do is attempt to fit together the bits and pieces of your drunken memory. This is where I was almost every single night before I decided enough was enough. I joined this forum in hopes of meeting like-minded people, and also having a support system that I never had in the past. I'm an anxiety-filled, depressed son of a bitch, but I know that it's all in my head; it can't be this way forever. Any and all replies are welcomed!
Old 08-25-2017, 01:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Wow! Interesting post. I thought I was reading a "James Patterson novel".
You will find alot of support here. Many of us can relate to what you are going through and will offer support.
Keep reading and posting whenever you feel necessary.
Welcome to SR! Glad you found us.
Old 08-25-2017, 06:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The longer my body healed from alcohol abuse the better I felt both mentally and physically. The panic attacks subsided and my depression lifted.

I never knew when I would black out, very scary. I had to make a change. Support was key for me. I found that here... a blessing for sure!

Time is your friend in recovery.

Happy you found us, TokeFox.
Old 08-25-2017, 12:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I feel much better a month and a half in.
I always used to suffer from anxiety attacks, used to think it was my age but without the drink, they are much better.

Your drunk "in a closet" story reminded me of a time when I woke up with a black eye one morning with no recollection of how it happened! when I staggered to the bathroom and noticed, I really thought someone had drawn on my face. Someone told me later, that I blacked out and hit my head off a concrete floor and was sick on myself, Still can't remember that night 10 years later and guess what, it still didn't stop me drinking!
I have lost count of waking up in strange places with no memory of it. It is an absolute joy to remember EVERY day now.
Old 09-29-2017, 11:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Culture View Post
I feel much better a month and a half in.
I always used to suffer from anxiety attacks, used to think it was my age but without the drink, they are much better.

Your drunk "in a closet" story reminded me of a time when I woke up with a black eye one morning with no recollection of how it happened! when I staggered to the bathroom and noticed, I really thought someone had drawn on my face. Someone told me later, that I blacked out and hit my head off a concrete floor and was sick on myself, Still can't remember that night 10 years later and guess what, it still didn't stop me drinking!
I have lost count of waking up in strange places with no memory of it. It is an absolute joy to remember EVERY day now.
Yes, I know the feeling of wondering what has happened and the nightmare of people filling in the details... Woken up before battered and bruised with people calling me saying they were contacted by police trying to confirm my identity when I had been picked up drunk and disorderly. Dropped home in the back of a police wagon, slumped on the front lawn... I could actually cope at the time because I lived on my own... Not too many others to violate only myself...
The hangovers would subside and the nightmarish memories fade.. These forums keep me remembering that I have endangered my life so many times and am SOOO lucky to be here, be part of this and sober for another day....