Notices

I was doing - - -

Old 08-04-2016, 11:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober since October 24, 1997

I was doing - - -

I suppose it was in October, 2014, when I landed here. I could find out for sure by looking at my info page, but WHEN isn't important. I came here because my best buddy's son-in-law is a dangerous and abusive drunk with a sober wife and three teenage daughters. The girls don't have a father and the wife doesn't have a husband, they have an unemployable, parentally-absent and spousally-vacant, angry, mentally inflamed, over-the-top domineering male, who everyone (including me) has to walk on eggshells to be around. Okay, I'll get off his case because moaning and complaining about him does nothing except make me feel better, and to moan and complain IS NOT why I came to SoberRecovery. I came for my best buddy's daughter and three granddaughters, and my best buddy and his wife. I came here to find ideas and resources about how to help my dear and sober friends and their family members. The son-in-law is on his own at this point, you can lead an ass to water, but you can't make him sober, so all we can do is support the sober folks. In the meantime, from SoberRecovery I got great ideas along with resources for my sober friends to use.

I'm a recovering alcoholic, too, but I quit and got my life in order so long ago, I haven't had any urge to drink for almost two decades (tobacco is another matter, but I have been smoke free just as long as I have been sober). I love being sober and tobacco free, and I try to help other alcoholics and substance abusers get "to the other side" as best I can.