Notices

ready to recover from tobacco... or am i?

Old 12-11-2014, 07:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

ready to recover from tobacco... or am i?

I am grateful to have found this forum and look at the posts often enough to remind myself to remember what choice i have before i decide the beast is gonna have any say. Somewhere there is a very good point of no return. It's my choice to put alcohol on the shelf and be a leader in my own life .

Not often do i want a beer and although its usually just one beer. Its still an urge to drop the ego into it and pretend i happier that way. I go typically 4 days thwn i enjoy 1 beer or glass of wine. Some might laugh at me but its all about addiction.. smoke or drink . All about my beast

Smoking has f'ed me up. Its way more of a beast for me. I got a lot of work to do.

Ok so it feels good to strive and study here occasionally but i know i have the genes to be alcoholic and always remember that not drinking feels way better.

I have to cheer myself on ...Hang in there for all of us.
We get a thrill to make progress.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Oh, smoking... Sigh. I did so well for two weeks a couple months ago. SR helped with that. Then I went on holiday with someone who smokes. Yeah, end of that. I need to quit again. I feel like it's making me sick.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome likeawave, we're all cheering you on!
Old 12-12-2014, 06:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Have you considered the e-cigarette? I hesitate recommending it to those who really want to just quit but it replaced a 38 yr. smoking habit for me and now I belong to a fitness thread. Never would I have started exercising whilst smoking. Reducing is much easier as nicotine itself doesn't have the same pull as the smokes. I can forget to vape for several hours. I never forgot to smoke. Best wishes on whatever action you take. I gave all I'm gonna give to alcohol and smokes.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Likeawave nice to meet you