Notices

Sun Tzu....

Old 01-15-2014, 10:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Sun Tzu....

In my sobriety, I now found that in order to enlarge my spiritual life, I adhere to my simple, christian beliefs holding a strong held belief, note, not faith in the god of my understanding...

Enhanced by a knowledge and understanding of fundamental Buddhist philosophy/ psychology, as the Dalai Lama says,'Buddhism is not a religion.It is the science of the mind.'

Perhaps underwritten by Albert Einstein saying,'First came science, then came God.'

In widening my studies and spiritual belief, I like Soko Maranaga's book, 'Novice to Master' or ' How I learned to live with the Ongoing Experience of my own Stupidity', the latter, I feel prescribing a very apt description of myself!

Without telling lesson is provided in Sun Tzu's famous book,'The Art of War,' which is about life itself really, when he says,'You must control events, otherwise events will control you.' I'm sure any recovering alcoholic will agree with that....

On reflection of all these, perhaps in summary there were no truer words spoken than the last words ascribed to the Buddha, 'All life is impermanence!'

A sobering thought at whatever stage of our recovery, hopefully leading to our permanent sobriety, once we turn our lives and will over to the god of our understanding....