Notices

Keeping it simple ...

Old 10-05-2013, 08:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Keeping it simple ...

'The world is my country. My life is my religion' these words are attributed to Martin Luther, the Founder of the Methodist Church...whilst it's true, well over 5 years into recovery...I adhere to my simple Christian beliefs, enhanced by fundamental Buddhist philosophy/ psychology...I'm not yet drawn to organised religion. Preferring to believe in,'the god of my understanding'.

In sobriety, this simple quote reflects those certain aspects of those things I learned in my recovery, 'Live and let live,' reflecting the fact that, the world is my country and the words found on page 275 in the personal stories of the book,'Alcoholics Anonymous' 4th Ed. Titled,'The Keys to the Kingdom' that starts,'A.A. is not a plan for recovery....' doing the same for the fact that again, in sobriety , my life is my religion

All this I've found in a way that's easy to remember, reflecting that other tenet, 'Keep it simple'...
Old 11-30-2013, 02:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Although all aspects of my sobriety can be made complicated it is far easier and more effective for me to keep things simple.