Notices

Admission and Detoxing

Old 03-20-2013, 01:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Admission and Detoxing

I finally admitted I have a sick addiction to the sleeping pill ambien and after two years of abusing it to get a high feeling in the daytime and to just dope myself up I finally quit taking it. Well then comes the fun process of detox it's rough sometimes but im getting through it I just make myself as comfortable as I can and letting the body aches ride out. It's not serious enough to where I need a hospital though. It's just not fun and I found a local NA group the hardest part was admitting I had a problem and had been lying to myself all this time. Friends expressed concern in the past and I can now see why when I took 29 pills in 12 days sometimes three a day.

I don't know where I'm going from here but it's hard to believe that I'm an addict. It wasn't until I was raped when I was 18 that I started drinking I was offered free counseling but said I didn't need it all I needed were my friends and I found my therapy in getting drunk every night. I then over did smoking pot and simmered down and then found the rave scene where I got heavy into ecstasy and before I knew it was experimenting with coke and other drugs. I thankfully haven't touched anything hard since August but one thing I never gave up were the pills until a few weeks i ran out and realized how fast I took the whole prescription and I want more, but I know it won't help. I didn't realize how bad the rape affected me until recently I have my counseling appointment today I'm just drained. I'm done fighting with myself and others to get help so I'm going to take it.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for all thats happened to you pinktee - but I'm glad you've found us - you'll find a ton of support here

D
Old 03-26-2013, 07:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Glad you're here and hope your counseling went well.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am so sorry to hear about your tape. I was taped this past May and it made my drug dependancy so kuchbworse I was killing myself.
I am so happy for you that you're readybto accept the help. I am like you with fighting the help and thinking we can on this on our own. Its okay to accept help. That's what they are there for