Notices

33 days alcohol-free

Old 09-13-2012, 05:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

33 days alcohol-free

I've been an alcoholic for 6 years and have attempted quitting many times. It's funny how I'd never had a sip of alcohol until I was 26 years old, and it stuck to me like that. I thought it gave me a more outgoing personality at first, but then things slowly changed. I found I couldn't go anywhere without that "disguised cup" in my hand and even at family outings I had to get juiced up first. I wanted to let go of that chain so bad, but thought I needed it to fit in and socialize. I've lost jobs, injured myself cooking under the influence, and strained my marital relationship. This last year I slowed down but slowing down eventually became not good enough. After a massive hangover on my day off (I always used the excuse, "I'm off the next day") I decided that even if I'm off work I don't want to spend it this way. I started my journey 32 days ago and feel like my life has made a fantastic turn. My husband just looks at me and grins ear to ear because he is so proud of me. I am proud too. I joined this group for the support I need to know I am not alone on the journey.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR KaeHot - and congratultions on your sober time

Feel free to check out our Newcomers forum too

Newcomers to Recovery - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 09-27-2012, 04:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's better for you to continue this. As you mentioned that you are alcoholic for 6 years , So 33 days is not good enough for you but impressive. Best part with you is what you did just by your own decision and this is the reason to feel proud.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

"I thought it gave me a more outgoing personality at first, but then things slowly changed. I found I couldn't go anywhere without that "disguised cup" in my hand and even at family outings I had to get juiced up first. I wanted to let go of that chain so bad, but thought I needed it to fit in and socialize. I've lost jobs, injured myself cooking under the influence''

I could of written that myself, well done on staying strong and your sobriety .
Old 09-29-2012, 04:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

if you are not going to meetings, go now. if you are, keep going. it works, it works, it works. congrats
Old 12-08-2012, 01:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats, Kae! Those first 30 days are so tough, but you've made it past them. Stick with it!