Notices

Frayed ends...

Old 01-12-2012, 06:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Frayed ends...

...of sanity.

I'm here because i hate who i am, hate who i've become, and really why not?
Old 01-14-2012, 03:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well do you want to like yourself again? Do you want to end? Do you want to quit drinking? Are you here for that? Then look no further! I was in the same boat as you 4 months ago. Been sober ever since. Today I love the person I am and know I can't pick up a drink for everything will be back in hell again. The adventures I've had up to today were for reason and I'm able to get strength knowing I won't be hungover the next day. It's good your at this site, it helped me alot, alot of good people here. Try the chat room too for real time talk if you need any support
Old 01-20-2012, 11:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Redmayne

'Common traits'

In any addiction, drugs, alcohol, sex, or gambling, those afflicted always suffer from common traits,

1. fear - of discovery/exposure to friends/family/employer or not getting their next ,'fix'

2. guilt - why do I have to live like this? what happened to the safe, sane, sober person I once was? How did this happen to me?

3. low self esteem - I'm not a ,'normal person', everyone else is better than me.

4.self loathing -I hate myself for what I have become, look at me! I'm an addict, my life is out of control!

5. depression - if you're carrying fear, guilt, low self esteem and self loathing around with you, you are going to end up depressed, guaranteed.:rotfxko

So, if these,'common traits' have existed in mankind, since time began, what makes you so different?

If you come to the conclusion that you're just the same as every other addict, what makes you think that in 'recovery', these terrible feelings, life destroring feelings, will disappear, not overnight may be, just like they did for me and all those other addicts in recovery?

Just a thought....