Notices

You are my addiction...

Old 10-12-2011, 03:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

Lightbulb You are my addiction...

well, i was so lost WITHOUT you...like everyone else in here....you are my addiction...tall, handsome, full of courage and faith, fun to play with, full of laughter....but deep down, you where hiding, the secrets and the pain with that bottle and the drugs....

how did i know?, when did i know?....dunno....was blinded by you paying attention to me (so i thought)...

its been 18 months in Al Anon...started when i was with you.. walked through those doors blind....now today...i see clearly....learning, growing...full of faith and compassion....

I am sorry for your pain...but i must work on mine.....

you WHERE my addiction....now i am my own addiction, my self care is now important to me.....I'm in a great place now full of calming...i listen to HIM and make myself proud of who i am and what i have become...

I love me....
Old 10-13-2011, 04:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Redmayne

A lovely 'thread'...

Full of honesty, courage and conviction, a lovely,'thread' of a kind I've not see on here before, soooo!!! refreshing, not only beautiful, but inspiring, thank you so much...
Old 10-13-2011, 04:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

we make our own resentments on things that we can not change....its a waste of time and energy i say...

god bless....

doing my work in my program every single day...and well...not only do i notice ...others do as well....its an award to me to LOVE me every single day.....
Old 10-13-2011, 09:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Redmayne

You're quite right...,

Over 30yrs of alcoholism, including many intermittent AA meetings, I sat through those,'closed' meetings where members of Al Anon, were invited speakers. I sat and watched the grief and tears flow, of perents, partners and teenage children who for in most instances, for perfectably understandable reasons did not learn that the best thing for anyone in whatever way, who is attached to an alcoholic to do is to detach, detach, detach, if only to preserve your own dignity and sanity.

It is not for nothing that alcoholism is called a ,'family illness', for it not only destroys the alcoholic but those around him/her, no one dfeserves that!!!

Buddhist philosophy suggests you should avoid attachments, especially to those things that are harmful to you, which in this case includes alcoholics. The antidote to 'attachments is simply to detach. Easier said than done where emotions are involved, but human life and dignity are most important, so I praise you for your courage.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

^^^ funny, i had my dear husband pass away for unknown reason..that was hard

but being with an active NA(which was clean) then substituted with alcohol...was the worse thing of my life...and it was ONLY 4 MONTHS!!

I now know my boundaries...and how to keep my sane...my home group...

thank you for the conversations of COURAGE....we all have it in our heart...