Notices

I want a drink!

Old 09-22-2009, 11:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I want a drink!

Well I was at work knowing I was still hung over and feeling like crap! And I wanted a drink to take the edge off. Well I started trying to get info of what happens to your body when one keeps drinking, then I came upon this site and one other...but I needed to be able to talk to other people who do not want to drink anymore. I haven't the slightest idea of what I will tell my hubby because that was one thng we did together-drink at our neighborhood bar but I would just drink at home too. Plus I was starting to figure out how to bring my favorite cocktail to work without getting caught. I work in a hospital....not a good idea. My hubby has been laid off for over a year, I go to school, work full time, and I have an internship. But I worry about money all the time when I shouldn't so I drink allot to keep my composure. I really found this site yesterday but I didn't have time to write- I wanted to drink so much when I got home last night but I didn't. I just went to bed. But I thought about it this morning when I had to awake at 0510 to get to the hospital on time. This is crazy, I can't keep living my life like this plus I feel like ****! I am there- in the red circle craving a drink but trying to keep it togther to make it through the day.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can understand those thoughts and fears. Drinking seems to take all of that away for a while but remember it doesn't solve problems it only adds to them. Hold on as long as you can
Old 09-22-2009, 06:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Photochick

Welcome to SR...you'll find a lot of support here.

You may want to start a thread in the Newcomers forum? You'll get a lot more 'traffic' and advice that way...

Newcomers to Recovery - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

We also have a 24/7 chat room if you need someone to talk to...there's almost always some ppl there

hope to see you again soon
D
Old 09-23-2009, 08:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR! STick around, read our stories and ask your questions. We're here to support you in your quest to live sober. It's so worth the effort. It's simple, but not easy, but it can be done.

:ghug3
Old 09-24-2009, 01:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad you decided to join us.

Many of us are winning over alcohol.
This can be true for you too.....

Welcome neighbor!
Old 09-24-2009, 11:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

A difficult time.

This is obviously a difficult time for you, simple platitudes will not work, understand this, the mind and body of an alcoholic aredifferent than those of a normal social drinker. Physically your body cannot metabolise alcohol like other people, it stays in your body longer and transmits messages to the mind that set up the craving. Equally so, the name of the disease is Alcohol-ISM, alcohol is but a sumptom it's the -ISMS that are the problem! Look towards a Spiritual Path, get a copy of 'The Big Book', Alcoholic Anonymous and have someone explain the Preface and the first 164 pages to you. Drunk or sober NEVER, NEVER give up. Mzay the God of your understanding go with you.Tinker.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!