Notices

Where i am Vs Where i want to be

Old 01-30-2009, 01:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Where i am Vs Where i want to be

Where i am currently:
Smoking MJ everyday, not trying to find employment, and just getting by.
Lazy not trying for anything.
Repetitivaly doing things over and over again.
Don't know the real pleasures in life.

Where i want to be:
I want to be able to take care of myself.
I want to not be fiening for MJ.
I want to have a job where i find happiness and money.
I want to have my own apartment.
I want to be able to do things just to do it.
I just want to have the things i NEED.

1/30/09 = Day one for recovery. I know MJ isn't really a big drug, i actually dont consider it bad, but i am getting to the point where i continuously do the same thing day after day, and earn no money or anything positive.
Thats why i came here, because i, on my own cant just give it up. With the help of you guys i hope i can =]
Old 02-01-2009, 12:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Resident

Welcome Keep. You are in the right place and on your way to making a better life for yourself.
I used to be a daily toker and I also believed that MJ was not a real drug. I quit that 5 years ago and know I know I was mistaken. It is a sneaky little devil in the fact that you don't act crazy like on booze, meth or coke but instead it attacks you in different ways. If I look at your first list those are the exact things that MJ or THC, the active ingredient, does to you. I had a similar list asyou and said whoa this isn't what I want to be and just quit. Booze is a bit tougher for me but now I am quitting that too.
Good luck and if you get the urge to smoke look at the two lists and you will know whether it is a good idea or not.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bluebird78

I'm new to this forum as well, and I think you'll find lots of support and useful information here. And motivation to get healthy. I can relate to those feelings of apathy, lack of motivation. I think a lot of drugs that depress the central nervous system result in that state.

I think it's great you have clear ideas in your mind about where you want to be. And you're brutally honest with yourself about where you're at now. That's pretty brave, you know, because denial is often a huge problem to overcome. You're seeing things really clearly and able to visualize where you want to be. You're on your way already!
Old 02-22-2009, 01:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

MJ is a gateway Drug! I'm Living Proof!! I did it for years, and only MJ... 16 months ago, I had worked My way up to a $3000.00/week Crack-Cocaine habit!! Lost My... Car, House, Family, Suspended from My Job... The list goes on, and on...
Now... I'm Living a Good Life!! Clean, Loved, Full of Love for others, Job Back, Newer Car, Money in the Bank, and a Will to Live!!

I agree, that You are in the right Place!!

Welcome!!

~Rob~