Notices

Mentally uncertain

Old 06-30-2008, 07:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
thulsadoom616

Mentally uncertain

It hasn't taken one incident to make me realize that I could have an over consumption problem, but multiple incidents.
Incidents where i would..
embarrass myself,
emotionally shut down,
hurt others emotionally,
put others in danger,
DRIVE!
etc etc etc.
I'm now 23 and I haven't hit the drink this hard since I was 21.
What confuses me is why I can have 3 beers and cut myself off, while other times I continue to drink and just don't stop. Why do I have the ability to say no then other times completely lose control. I believe I have the symptoms of a potential alcoholic or maybe I am or...???

I'm so lost.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Stopping the Train...

Location: Sevierville, TN - in the valley of the Great Smoky Mountains
thulsa...you've come to the right place. I'm sorry no one has answered you before now. Alcohol isn't my problem, but addiction is addiction. It's confusing, things get uncertain. There's a lot that goes on in the addictive brain. I don't have any answers for you on why...and you need to get past that mind set. I've been told that recently, but I already knew that. Now you need to concentrate on how to fix it. Please - stick around and keep coming back seeking advice and asking questions. There are people here who care. Sometimes it just takes a minute to get noticed.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Day One's Can RIP!!!

I can't speak for you but I know many alcoholics who drank just like you do. Only you can decide if you're an alcoholic. I have a friend who says that when he drank, he could never predict how he was going to behave and that's when he realized he was an alcoholic.

I know folks who attended a dozen or so AA meetings to find out if they were alcoholics. It didn't take them long to hear others share about drinking just like they did.

Keep coming back. It might save your life.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome!

I suggest you get more information on alcoholism and addiction.

Here is an article I found interesting

How We Get Addicted - TIME

Also...please come down to our Alcoholism Forum
I too missed seeing this thread.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am told I turn into a different person when I drink.I believe my frustrations come out and I release them on others.That and I drive(2DUI'S) was my reason for stopping.It would only be a matter of time before I got hurt bad.Like you sometimes I drink a little sometimes a lot.Never could tell what would happen.A lot of times it would lead to drugs.I think it was because I did'nt want the party to stop.for 15 yrs. I drink and did drugs.Now I finally said enough.I hope you can realize the wasted time sooner than I did.
Good luck!SR is a great place too start.