Notices

Where was I? In a hidden foxhole!

Old 06-28-2008, 03:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Stopping the Train...

Location: Sevierville, TN - in the valley of the Great Smoky Mountains
Where was I? In a hidden foxhole!

It came on quite by surprise - no warning - no cushion to soften the landing. Just BAM - here I be in a pit I couldn't crawl out of for days...after 15 yrs of being clean.

I was thrown a line and now 6 days later from my last step out of the hole I am very aware of the pit that still lies there - waiting for me to slip into it again. My lifeline is here though SR. My thanks will always be here.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
"Welcome To The Future..."

Whiskers,

You did step out of that whole, though, and right into the open arms of friends who can help keep you from sliding back down into it!

I'm glad you're here. You're becoming a good friend to me, and I'm thankful for meeting you! Don't focus so much on slipping into that whole in the first place. Focus on the fact that you are out of it now, and ready to forge ahead! Fifteen years is a long time to be sober, and the fact that you slipped snaps us all back into reality! To know that no matter how many days, months, years you have, the unthinkable does happen. Afterall, this is real life we're talking about here, not a fantasy where "happy endings" are in abundance. That said, it is and will continue to be a lifelong struggle for many addicts. We just have to hold on tight to what we have; what makes us strong; what makes us want to be better people!

You're on the right track whiskers! Keep up the great work! Hope to talk soon!

Love,

butterfly19

Old 06-28-2008, 05:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Stopping the Train...

Originally Posted by butterfly19 View Post
I'm glad you're here. You're becoming a good friend to me, and I'm thankful for meeting you!
Wow! I didn't expect that. It means a lot and I must say likewise for you. I've got a warm fuzzy feeling inside...:ghug3

Yah...I've been focusing quite a bit behind me. It's the behind me that f*cked me up this last time to begin with. Gets a lot of us doesn't it...:-/

I've seen something like this one used more than once - "one step, next foot, breathe". Let's walk shall we?
Old 07-05-2008, 04:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Whisker K: Six days then and even more now. You're still ahead of me. I'm so grateful for your post. It shows you really practice your honesty, even after all those 15 years. It would have been easy to pretend there was no slip and keep posting like nothing had happened. Thank you again. Be gentle with yourself.
Old 07-05-2008, 05:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Stopping the Train...

Wish - you keep pluggin' along. My story out of the foxhole hasn't been all success...but I'm workin' on it. You'll get there and if you do slip...you're in the best place possible. The worst thing you can do is to stop tryin'.