Notices

Trying to do it by myself

Old 04-22-2007, 06:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Trying to do it by myself

I have not been to a meeting in over 2 years. I quit praying, meditating, reading the big book. I allowed to get myself in a mess, financially and emotional. Quit sharing my experience, strength and hope with anyone else. The reason that I stopped going to meetings is that where I am from. I was told not to trust this one and that one. I think truth and trust is a major area in my life.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You still have to trust someone
Old 08-06-2007, 01:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Except for God, I am alone in this also. I trust very few regarding this...
Old 10-01-2007, 11:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am also recovering by myself. My mother is an alcoholic and my father would kill me if he ever found out I had a drinking problem. Also, I'm a college student living in a college apartment in the college atmosphere. I'm going to be around alcohol so much for the next few years between my mother guzzling wine like water and the weekend binges my roomates all go on. I don't want any help, I think it will be amazingly gratifying when I accomplish this and I also have very few sober friends. It's also something I am used to. Doing things on my own. My father was always traveling when I was younger, he would be home one day a week for about 10 years while my mother would get absolutely abliterated and harass my sister and I. Reguarding sports and school, arguably the two most important things in my life, I accomplished all of that on my own. This I need to conquer on my own too.

I understand where you are coming from.