Notices

Where Was I???

Old 12-04-2006, 07:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Where Was I???

Where was I?? I was at the end of my rope, literally. This site had helped me. Cause when I was going through all of that, it felt like no one else around me knew how I really felt or was going through. Nobody that I see on a daily basis knew what I was dealing with. This site helped me see I was not alone, and not crazy either, cause I sure felt like it. I really thought I had fallen deeper than anyone else ever could or would and I was just really really bad, worse adddicted than anyone else, but now I know I was not. Addiction does not discriminate, it is a disease. I know that it can be hereditary, or not. Which just blows my mind, cause when I was little I would vow to my mom that I would never smoke, she smoked all the time, and I hated the way it smelled and thought it was ugly and all. I started smoking when I was 19, i quit 10 years ago. I didn't know for a long time that she was hooked on pills, I just thought she took them cause the Dr. told her to, finally when I was way older, I began to put 2 and 2 together. All my teenage years, I just thought she was manic or something, she has never in my life showed me any kind of affection, not just me, but my sister too.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I was under the long arm of the law and fortunately it afforded me the opportunity to gain some clarity in my life and things have been better ever since.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RecoveryKid View Post
I was under the long arm of the law and fortunately it afforded me the opportunity to gain some clarity in my life and things have been better ever since.

Sometimes they intervene dont they. Its good to see you are doing well