Elder's Meditation - April 1

Old 04-01-2006, 03:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Elder's Meditation - April 1

"People think other things are more important than prayer, but they are mistaken."
--Thomas Yellowtail, CROW

An Elder once said the most important thing you can do in the course of a day is to pray. If we get up late or oversleep, which is more important? Rush to work without praying or pray first and then go to work? The Elders say it's more important to pray. If we get angry, should we act on our anger or should we pray first? The Elders say it's more important to pray first. If, during the day, we face indecision, what should we do? PRAY. If, during the day, we become irritated or we experience fear, what should we do first? PRAY. The Warrior who prays first will lead a different life from those who pray last.

Great Spirit, teach me to pray first!
Old 04-01-2006, 03:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Beginning and ending each day with prayer, helps me to stay grounded, helps me to remember to be grateful and to allow myself to be led.

When I am overwhelmed, prayer lightens my load, and when I am confused, prayers brings me clarity.

For me, prayers is the way I connect my spirit with that of all that is right in the universe, with a power greater than myself that I call God.

Hugs,
Old 04-01-2006, 05:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My alternative to prayer is very important to me - my time to consider things outside myself and look to what I think makes for a good life.

The best thing about it for me as that it's me that must answer my prayers, if I wish to see more kindness then.... and that's how it is, no waiting, no handing things over, just an understanding it doesn't matter whether it's my loved ones or a stranger - what matters is how we live, what I need to learn is how to live.