Changes

Old 03-12-2006, 03:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Changes

You are reading from the book Touchstones.

No sooner do we think we have assembled a comfortable life than we find a piece of ourselves that has no place to fit in.
--Gail Sheehy

We usually think of children going through stages. If we talk about a man going through a stage, there is usually a tone of a put down in it. But adults go through stages in their lives too. We have different drives and needs at 22 than we had at 16. Age 40 brings a different experience than 30. It would be sad to reach age 60 or 70 and have no more wisdom than we had twenty years earlier. An adult life crisis can come anytime. We may have grown out of a formerly comfortable job. Perhaps we feel new urgings for a more satisfactory relationship than we have settled for. From our recovery experience we know that crisis can bring growth.

Courage is required of us from the cradle to the grave. Change continues throughout life. With courage, we can face our crises and the changes that come, and eventually we find the gift of new growth.

Help me find courage enough to live this day and meet the challenges it brings.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I reckon just about the one constant in life is change!!

I wondersometimes what it would be like without it... *shudders...*
Old 03-12-2006, 11:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Life!

An adult life crisis can come anytime.
Yes, it can.
I just want to know when some of us get the peaceful time without the crisis!
Yes, I'm half way kiddin, Ann. And this is a very good reading. We do grow from crisis when we work through it.

Shalom!
Old 03-12-2006, 01:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I know, Teach, it's not that I mind changes so much, I just wish they wouldn't sneak up behind me and scare the bejeebers out of me.

The past few weeks that happened, out of the blue I have to move next month because my landlord is moving into his/my house. For the first time in my life, i think, when the panic punch hit my stomach, my FIRST thought was "I can get through this, I have no idea how, but I know I can". And I did, and found a wonderful new place to move to. I knew there was a gift in there somewhere.

That's one nice thing about getting "more mature", LOL, we know we will survive.
Old 03-12-2006, 01:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To Life!

"I can get through this, I have no idea how, but I know I can". And I did, and found a wonderful new place to move to. I knew there was a gift in there somewhere.
Oh, DANG!!! When I read about your landlord moving into your house, I was hoping you'd come and stay with me for a bit!
That's one nice thing about getting "more mature", LOL, we know we will survive.
Yea, that sickening, frightening, "What am I gonna do;This is the WORST thing that can EVER happen to me! I'll DIE!" melodramatic reaction just doesn't make it for us anymore.
For me, this body just couldn't take it anymore...

Shalom!
Old 03-13-2006, 12:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I bite.

My mom is worried about me and all the changes I am going through.

I tell her that I will be fine and that there is nothing I can't do to improve things. I tell her the changes are leading me to a better place.