Happiness

Old 03-07-2006, 03:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Happiness

Happiness does not depend on whether or not you always get your way. However, when you do choose happiness, events will more often go your way.

You do not need to accumulate a lot of things before you can be happy. Yet when you are happy, you'll open yourself up to all kinds of new abundance.

Happiness is not something that you can obtain by taking it from others. On the contrary, the more that happiness flows out from you, the more of it you will enjoy.

If you limit your happiness only to certain specific situations or conditions, it will almost always elude you. Yet when you seek to bring happiness to every situation, it will be your constant companion.

Happiness is not the exclusive experience of just a lucky few. It is always there for anyone who is sincere and open enough to choose it.

Happiness is always there to choose, in any place, at any time, under a whole wide range of conditions. Give happiness to the moments of life, and you will surely know it well.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 03-07-2006, 04:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
doing the inside job

It helps if you're from p[anet happy.lol

mmm..how to get to my home planet ?
You have to hang on to your arss
Get rocketed to the 4th dimension
Solar system... XZY-32
It's a 12 step process, thou. So...easy dose it.lol
Old 03-07-2006, 05:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There are always good things to be happy about but I'm not sure it's always as simple as a choice.

We are only learners, hard things do happen and even with effort and care to finding ways to still appreciate life there are times of sadness. I wouldn't be tempted to quote the above to a mother that had just lost a child, or an assylum seeker raped and exiled - yet at the same time I acknowledge there's truth in it.

I look at it like this, if my understanding is right, if my heart is right, if I've used what I have wisely, if I am able to broaden my perspective, if I can see the world without my problems as central, if I can view disaster as only ever a part (like the tsunami - so many killed and yet so much feeling to help), if I can truly begin to grasp the nature of life then I could certainly always be able to choose happiness.

As it is, as a learner, there are times I'm sad, frightened, or shocked, those times are my teachers too, but with what I have RIGHT NOW I can't always chose happiness. I believe in that potential but I think it takes a great deal of understanding that is at this point beyond me.