With Love

Old 02-14-2006, 03:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

With Love

Put no demands on love, and love will bring you much. Give love away, and it will be yours in greater and greater abundance.

With love, what was weak will grow strong. With love, what was impossible becomes real.

Love can find the beauty and value in even the most desperate situation. Love will bring hope where nothing else can.

Though love cannot be explained, it can never be denied. Love has its own reality that transcends the most oppressive limitations.

Love elevates what it touches to a higher dimension. When love is present, fears are calmed, wounds begin to heal, and joy is gloriously within reach.

Love, not because there is a reason, but because there is the possibility. Love, and you will know what you cannot understand.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 02-14-2006, 03:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Last night I was talking to a friend whose husband died a few years ago, and she said to me that Valentine's Day was hard with nobody to love.

My reply was to take a look around, at her friends and her family and all the people who loved her dearly, and to think of why their bonds are so close...because of love. Love isn't a person, it's a state of mind where our hearts and spirits connect with another.

Love elevates what it touches to a higher dimension. When love is present, fears are calmed, wounds begin to heal, and joy is gloriously within reach.

Happy Valentines Day, I love you all.

Hugs
Ann
Old 02-14-2006, 04:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've always struggled with the notion of 'falling' in love. I can't imagine love as a puddle, hole, or even a pile of fluffy pink feathers - nothing which it would be possible to fall into!!

I think love at it's most real is a verb - the feelings are the pleasure of the doing and a big signal that it's a core task of human nature. When I look at the percieved 'pain' of love it seems to me the pain isn't from it's verb attributes, the pain doesn't come from the giving or doing of love, more the expectations we have that may have motivated us primarily for ourselves.

In it's purest form I believe it's the feeling of absolute worth of another and actions that demonstrate that belief. In the moment a skylark sings I know it's worth, absolute beauty, my pleasure in it is bound to my attention to it, my love for it goes out and no harm can come to me because of that love.

I've come to think my task is to love people the same way, without ownership, without the 'MY' 'MINE'.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I've come to think my task is to love people the same way, without ownership, without the 'MY' 'MINE'.
Amen, Equus. Nothing is more insecure and smothering that "possessive" love. The light simply cannot shine through.

Hugs
Ann
Old 02-14-2006, 03:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I bite.

What a good thread!

Love, not because there is a reason, but because there is the possibility.

I really like that. It says so much to me.

Originally Posted by equus
In it's purest form I believe it's the feeling of absolute worth of another and actions that demonstrate that belief.

Yes, without actions love isn't anything.

I also agree with your "falling in love" comments. When I hear that I cringe.