Our comfort

Old 02-03-2006, 01:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doug

Our comfort

In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole . . . nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it . . .. It was a hobbithole, and that means comfort.
--J. R. R. Tolkien

Home is a place of comfort. When we go away and have to adjust to a different bed and someone else's cooking, we quickly discover how comfortable our own home is. Comfort in a home is more than just a familiar bed and favorite food; it is something we can give to each other. We can make home a place where we can relax and be ourselves without fear of rejection.

Each of us needs a special little place where we can come and seek refuge from the world, our own little "fort." Children are often busy making "forts," but all of us in the family need to work at making the place where we live together a fort where we can all gather for rest.

What can I add to our comfort today?

Today's Gift

Old 02-03-2006, 04:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

That rings so true, Doug. Home is my "safe place" and when my son was using and living at home, one of the things I felt was a lack of a safe place for me.

I've never forgotten that feeling, and it's good to be reminded today to be grateful for the comfort I find in my home.

Hugs
Ann
Old 02-03-2006, 04:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

one of the things I felt was a lack of a safe place for me.
i ditto that! even tho it's just the cats and i, i try and bring a little serenity into my home every day.