Ever Had Just "One Of Those Days?"

Old 12-26-2005, 05:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Ever Had Just "One Of Those Days?"

Have you ever just had one of those days where you just had to literally make yourself do everything? I mean from the time I woke up I had to make myself make my bed, literally force myself to do my morning readings, read my NA Basic Text. Then I had to make myself get into action on going and being a responsible, productive, member of society, when I really didn't want to do it at all.

Then when I got off of work I had to get my lab work done for my treatment that I am on and went and drove to the doctors and they were closed tell me now isn't today Monday? So I went on home and cooked to tired to cook a big meal so I had Ramon Noodles Then it is time for a meeting, to tired to go but I know the rule there you go when you don't want to go and when you want to go.

So after the meeting I am driving home and this thought has been going on in my head all day, "What would an adult do?" Well I get home from the meeting I check my emails (actually have people who like me ), then I am shot right? Then I have F***en Dans words come into my head about dishes LOL so I get up and do my dishes. Well I just kept saying keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Now mind you I wasn't too damn thrilled about doing a whole lot today but I did it. I still am not too thrilled about having to chair the on-line meeting tonight either but I am responsible right? What would an Adult do? Well I am sure they would do what I did even if they did just have ONE OF THOSE DAYS>

Love Vic
Old 12-26-2005, 05:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Doug

What would an adult do?

I like that Vic, I really do....I've never thought of it that way. And yes, I've had those days too, fortunately, its not everyday.

Old 12-26-2005, 05:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

I've been having those days for about 15 months now, but not as successfully as you. After a few months...I gave into those days and didn't do anything for weeks and months...and still don't want to.

You did awsome, b/c you were strong enough to do the things you needed to do. You should be very proud of yourself!

P.S. I stopped washing dishes a very long time ago....if I can't use disposable dishes then I just don't cook it.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by Doug
What would an adult do?

I like that Vic, I really do....I've never thought of it that way. And yes, I've had those days too, fortunately, its not everyday.
Yep, I am glad that everyday isn't like that LOL and BTW Doug I wish that I could take credit for that saying but Well I just wouldn't be honest if I said I made that one up.

Shutterbug P.S. I stopped washing dishes a very long time ago....if I can't use disposable dishes then I just don't cook it.
Hum I never thought of that LOL. I wonder if an adult would do that?

Love Vic
Old 12-27-2005, 01:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

So after yesterday I not only did my dishes, I vacuumed, read more out of my NA book and was just totally wiped out. I chaired the on-line meeting and had a few people show up so that was a good thing. So after that I decided it was a full day and went to bed.

OK now today OMG I had to get my blood work done and the nurse told me that I could go anywhere to have it drawn right? So I woke up late, called the guy that I am painting this two million dollar home for told him I was running late. I went down to my doctors to get my blood work done got there about 9. So I am sitting there and about 9:45 this guy nurse came over and said that they could not do the blood work there. I thought OK fine I will go to the University Hospital where my doc that ordered all of this sh!t done in the first place right.

Then I leave and I have a call from this owner of the house wondering where I am it is 10. Well I called so I don't have time really to mess with him right now because I have to have this blood work done by today. I get to the University Hospital and go to the blood lab and they say that I have to go to administrations first. OK I go there and wait another half hour and go back to get the blood taken. The nurse says which vein I said this one is really good but be careful it rolls LOL..So she takes the blood and this guy comes in and ask who are these 5 vials for OMG they are mine so now she has to do the whole thing again. You know for a junkie I really don't like needles too much anymore.

Anyway I feel weak after all that but "What would an Adult do?" I guess go to work so I went to work and put in about 4 hours today and said that was enough. I am just shot, it feels as if I don't have energy, I am pushing all I have right now even. I am going to try and stay up and go to a meeting but I was thinking hum a nap would be nice too. But then I have to work my steps also. Well here is another day clean and sober right?

Love Vic