life after rehab

Old 11-13-2005, 09:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

life after rehab

hi just wondering what life is like after rehab...how much of your time is consumed i am new at this just curious because of my friend who just came out a month ago
Old 11-13-2005, 11:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Raven, whether someone goes through a rehab or just starts attending meetings the first few months up to and beyond the first year can be very intense, depending on how serious the person is about getting sober and clean and staying that way.

There is a lot of inner searching that MUST be done, and learning new ways and changing old habits, and thus the newcomer has a tendancy to become extremely involved with their "new" friends in sobriety. Not only to make non drinking relationships but to learn by example of how to live and enjoy life sober.

Even "old" non drinking and using friends (if there are any left) most times end up taking a back seat, while the recovering person finds their way.

Eventually in time (cannot say how long, each person is different), the recovering person starts becoming more open with any "old" friends still left.

However, in the beginning, the newly recovered become very involved in this new way of life, and dealing with emotions, of hurt and pain, and joy, and fear, and elation, SOBER. It can be an overwhelming feat to accomplish!!!!.

So hang in there, send an email every week or so, that is upbeat, and let your friend contact you in their time.

Please feel free to pm (private message) me at any time with questions, and I will be happy to try and answer them as I still sponsor newcomers and know the problems they encounter. It keeps my own memories of my early sobriety clear.

JMHO

Love and (((((to all))))),
Old 11-13-2005, 01:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank You So Much....yea I Try To Email Or Call Once In A While To Let Him Know Im Thinking Of Him