What lies before us

Old 10-15-2005, 05:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doug

What lies before us

We know about remorse and death. But do we know about hope and life? I believe in life after birth!
--Maxie Dunham

We do not need to create difficulties and pain in our lives. They come with the package of human existence. Some of us even feel bewildered when we aren't pressed by trouble. As we grew in recovery and our lives became better ordered, many of us thought, "Life seems to be going so well; I wonder what's wrong?" We were more accustomed to remorse and crisis than to joy and serenity.

What lies before us today is an unpainted picture. There are many possibilities for events to take a good turn. This, too, is part of the package, but we must believe and affirm the good things in order to accept them. When our only expectations are pain and trouble, they probably will be our only experiences. However, when we have faith that a better life is possible, we open ourselves to receive it.

Today, I will live with hope for the possibilities and accept the good things that come my way.

Touchstones

Old 10-15-2005, 05:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dan

Some of us even feel bewildered when we aren't pressed by trouble.

I get that
On good days, I don't have to make any trouble for myself.
I'm pretty happy just flowing through the day.

But on the not so good days...
Old 10-15-2005, 05:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

... we must believe and affirm the good things in order to accept them. When our only expectations are pain and trouble, they probably will be our only experiences. However, when we have faith that a better life is possible, we open ourselves to receive it.
I'm keeping the faith, Doug, even though some days it's blind faith...those are the days when I need to wait for my path to be lit.

Hugs
Old 10-15-2005, 05:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
To Life!

When our only expectations are pain and trouble, they probably will be our only experiences. However, when we have faith that a better life is possible, we open ourselves to receive it.
We can create our own reality...
...in fact, I think it's the only reality we will ever know...
Thanks for sharing...
Shalom!
Old 10-15-2005, 06:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I bite.

Originally Posted by Doug
What lies before us today is an unpainted picture.
So true.

And here I thought I could paint the whole picture right out of high school! LOL.....
Old 10-15-2005, 06:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ASH

Originally Posted by Doug
[B] Today, I will live with hope for the possibilities and accept the good things that come my way.
Learning to live with hope and acceptance of the good things instead of creating or focusing on the bad and the negative,
thats a good thought for me,
thanks