Kidney and liver damage....

Old 08-22-2005, 05:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Kidney and liver damage....

I "was" a heavy drinker for 4 years except for the 9 months when I was pregnant. Do you know if any of the damage I have done to my liver and kidneys will repair itself in time? Physically I feel great, but I wonder about the damage that I can't see.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Blindfold, Repairing the liver or body for that matter depends on much. I'd suggest going to a doctor. They can tell much from a simple blood test. However, you must be up front and tell them about your use. There are also some tell tale physical signs. Blotchy skin, broken vessels in face, enlarged nose. However, I've seen many veterans recover. Most of all there is a no turn around point. Also, if you stop before that point, even you stop for a long time. Choosing to drink again will speed up the process. Your liver overworks to compensate for alcohol. Even if you give it a break. Like I said a doctor and being up front with him is best. Don't leave it to guess work. Don W
Old 12-15-2005, 01:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello all,
Well really alcohol is the most important factor for the liver damaging and the cancer like very sensitive problems. There are very hare researches are happening for these typical problems .And also lots of medication available for the liver. But some other factors like side effects and precaution are also considerable factors.

Last edited by Doug; 12-15-2005 at 08:24 PM.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Personally from first hand experience you better have it checked out but that is IMO> My liver is shot I think so good luck.

Love Vic