group hug

Old 08-19-2005, 06:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

group hug

:hugehug
I just wanted to thank everyone who had helped me in my early recovery. I was so scared to go to a meeting f2f on my own. Yet I'd been to 2 meetings with my late friend Henry. I found my web mates to be my only light while I was suffering depression, anxiety etc... I was living alone & was desperate & sick even though I had not drank for over 3 months at that time I was isolating & the cravings of drinking came & went. All I want is support to have others listen, I don't like members lecturing Im sure others agree that most of the stuff they speak of are the things we 'already know'. So I am learning to take what I like & leave the rest. I have now over 7 months of sobriety & am beginning to feel so much more comfortable. I am finding emotions I can't even explain or put words to as I suppressed all my emotions for over 24years of drinking/drugging. I now have members offer me handshakes, coffee, phone numbers, lifts to & from meetings. My favourite offering is a smile cause that makes me feel so accepted.

Im back on the internet & am able to visit this forum I will keep close & not lose sight. My head still runs a muck if I let it & my will is not a good choice to be left unattended. So I do at least 1 meeting a day & share when asked, even if I don't want to. It took me a long time to share & I had to write it down & read it along with lots of tears. I am not completely out of the woods just yet. I keep it simple & pray to my Great Spirit all day everyday keeps me being able to do baby steps & deal with what I have to. You know all those wonderful yets that have caught up & overtaken me.
Thanks again I am truely grateful for your support.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Doug

Thank you Focus. Great post, and I'm glad your here.

Old 08-19-2005, 07:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Me too. Hugs back

More Hugs
Ann
Old 08-19-2005, 03:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hugs? Ooooooooooooooooooh that felt sooooooooo, gooooooood! Don W