Elder's Meditation, Aug.12

Old 08-12-2005, 04:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dan

Elder's Meditation, Aug.12

"With one mind we address our acknowledgement, respect, and gratefulness to all the sacred Cycle of Life. We, as humans, must remember to be humble and acknowledge the gifts we use so freely in our daily lives."
--Audrey Shenandoah, ONONDAGA

The sacred Cycle of life - the baby, the youth, the adult, the Elder. Let us respect all directions, the four directions of the Grandfathers; let us respect their power. Let us remember we belong to the earth, the earth does not belong to us. Help us to be respectful to all the gifts You have given us.

Oh Great Spirit, help me this day to be humble. Let me not attack anything in deed or in my thoughts. Let my thoughts focus on the beauty You have created in all things.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

"Let us remember we belong to the earth, the earth does not belong to us."
This is a truth that Western Civilization still has yet to recognize. I pray we do before we destroy that which sustains us; that for which we should be grateful. As it sustains us, we have a responsibility to sustain it.

"Help us to be respectful to all the gifts You have given us."
The ability to be thankful for the earth...that is something that comes to the fore each time I dig in my garden; or watch the flowers bloom; or pick a ripe tomato. Nature's gifts to us. I respect the power of the earth.

Keeping my thoughts on the beauty in this world, given so freely by the Creator of all, helps me maintain an attitude of gratitude. This attitude, kept in the front of my thoughts, precludes doing harm to another person, place or thing in G*D's creation. I pray I can keep it in the fore of my consciousness.

Great post; thanks for sharing...
Shalom!
Old 08-12-2005, 05:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

The sacred Cycle of life - the baby, the youth, the adult, the Elder. Let us respect all directions, the four directions of the Grandfathers; let us respect their power.
Some of the greatest wisdom comes from a small child or an elderly friend. As an adult, I tend to forget sometimes to find the simple pleasures and beauty in life that is seen through the eyes of a child, or the contentment and clarity that comes from the wisdom of elders.

As an adult, if I remove all the distractions of life, and just spend quiet moments alone with nature, alone with my thoughts about what is really important in life and what is not, I come close to connecting to this circle of life.

I needed to be reminded of that today. Just for today I will keep my thought uncluttered and try to just enjoy the beauty of whatever today hands me.

Hugs
Ann