Elder's Meditation Aug. 6

Old 08-06-2005, 05:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doug

Elder's Meditation Aug. 6

"We have to have one mind for the Four Directions. Until we reach that one mind, we cannot be filled with understanding.... The Creator will not answer until you have just one mind, just like if you have one person."
--Grandfather William Commanda, ALGONQUIN

The Elders have taught us to balance our lives emotionally, mentally, physically and spiritually. If I am out of control emotionally, I get angry, doubtful or erratic, I am out of balance. If I trigger bad mental pictures of my brothers and sisters, I am out of balance. If I get too hungry, angry, lonely, or tired, I am out of balance physically. If I don't pray and talk to the Creator daily, I am out of balance spiritually. To be centered, I must be in balance. The Creator talks to me in the quiet and still place. So if I get angry, what I should do first is to pause and get still so I can hear the guidance of the Grandfathers.

Oh Great Spirit whose voice I hear in the winds, protect and keep me safe today - hear my prayers.

Old 08-06-2005, 06:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

What a great thought to start the day, Doug. I needed to read that this morning, and just for today I will make a special effort to keep my life balanced in all four directions. It's a beautiful sunny day, just the right kind of day to inspire me.

Hugs
Ann
Old 08-06-2005, 06:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Doug...

Yes.. balance...

Not so hard to do if one just does the work..

You have also reminded me to pray today..
For myself ... and my guy...