Creative activity

Old 07-26-2005, 05:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doug

Creative activity

Isn't it great life is open-ended!
--Brigitte Frase

Elizabeth Lawton, known as "Grandma Layton," is an American artist who never drew a picture until she was sixty-eight years old. She spent all the years before that time trying to cope with depression. She had gone through therapy, medications, and shock treatment and continued to be severely depressed. But then she signed up for an art class and the act of drawing cured her depression. She continues to make fabulous pictures.

What does she think about the critical acclaim her artwork has received? She says she wants others to know about her art so it may give hope to those who have also "suffered from feelings."

Many of us have suffered from feelings. We must remember that we can each turn to our creativity--at any age--as a source for our well-being. All we need to do is have faith in the potential goodness within ourselves and those we love.

What creative activity can I look to for comfort today?

Old 07-26-2005, 05:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Thank you Doug that is the spirituallity of the program as far as I can see and that gives me hope knowing that I too do something that helps me with that. Although mine is not in a form a drawing, it is concidered a form of art.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Doug, for your post and reminding me. The clouds, the clouds. On another post we were talking about the Full Moon. This weekend I layed in the field near my house and watched the clouds. I tried to make pictures from the shapes. I hadn't done that in years. I'll post a new thread Wed. night. Of course, maybe some of you experenced cloud watchers can start and I'll add. Isn't it great when like, Grandma Layton, our minds start to produce beauty, even if in our own mind, like cloud scluptures? Don W