Elder's Meditation July 24

Old 07-24-2005, 03:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doug

Elder's Meditation July 24

"Life is like a path...and we all have to walk the path... As we walk...we'll find experiences like little scraps of paper in front of us along the way. We must pick up those pieces of scrap paper and put them in our pocket... Then, one day, we will have enough scraps of papers to put together and see what they say... Read the information and take it to heart."
--Uncle Frank Davis (quoting his mother), PAWNEE

The Creator designed us to learn by trial and error. The path of life we walk is very wide. Everything on the path is sacred - what we do right is sacred - but our mistakes are also sacred. This is the Creator's way of teaching spiritual people. To criticize ourselves when we make mistakes is not part of the spiritual path. To criticize mistakes is not the Indian way. To learn from our mistakes is the Indian way. The definition of a spiritual person is someone who makes 30-50 mistakes each day and talks to the Creator after each one to see what to do next time. This is the way of the Warrior.

Today let me see my mistakes as a positive process. Let me learn the aha's of life... Awaken my awareness so I can see the great learning that You, my Creator, have designed for my life.

Old 07-24-2005, 05:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Thanks Doug I needed to hear that this morning I can learn so much by just reading what you all write.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Doug
Today let me see my mistakes as a positive process. Let me learn the aha's of life... Awaken my awareness so I can see the great learning that You, my Creator, have designed for my life.
When I was drinking and using, everything depended on my being perfect - an illusion I could never live up to. Today I get to be human. Today I get to make mistakes. Today I am not so hard on myself when I do make mistakes. Just for this moment, I look at my mistakes as opportunities to learn and the results of my mistakes as correction from the universe. It's a small but profound shift in thinking. And oh what a relief it is not to expect perfection, but to accept my humaness.

--phinny
Old 07-24-2005, 06:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

"Life is like a path...and we all have to walk the path... As we walk...we'll find experiences like little scraps of paper in front of us along the way.
For me, I find my life is a tapestry of my experiences, where indivisually they may not tell me much but woven together they begin to form a bigger picture that tells the story of me, let's me know who I am and where I have been, and this in turn allows me to make good choices as I continue on the path of life.

Hugs
Ann