Un-manageable?

Old 06-23-2005, 06:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doug

Un-manageable?

I think so, my life, right here, right now. I'm not sure what I did, when I did it, or how I did it, or if I did it, but the big "squeeze" is on. Constant pressure...the hits keep on coming.

I won't lay out all the details, but things overall feel like the whopper of all tests, with some sort of twist.

In my heart I know I'm doing the right things, as best as I can, and at the very least, I'm doing the best I can with some things, which right now for some reason, makes the "pressure", painful as well.

Never more than we can handle? Somebody has alot more faith in me than I do, I'm beginning to feel like the best place for me to be is a dark corner. Until whatever storm this is, moves far away.

It'll pass, I know it will, and I know that 6 months from now, I probably won't even remember this. But right here, right now, I feel....hopeless, and alone.

Might be a good time for a gratitude list, starting with still being clean and sober, also right here, right now.

Old 06-23-2005, 07:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Body,Mind & Soul in that order

Doug,
Must be something in the water here in Detroit, I'm having several problems thrown my way too. Big one's, like my lanlord has decided to sell the house, which we moved in under the contingincies that we'd lease for about 5 years,well....we've been just under 2 years!
I'm only 60 days clean, this is such a scary time for me, I'm afraid I'll lose my footing from all this pressure. Did I mention we have 22 days to find a new home?

I'm literally turning into a meeting bandit! It's the only time in the day I don't worry about locating a new home in such a microscopic period of time!

Your right, in 6 months we won't even remember this bull****.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((Doug)))

I'm sorry for whatever is troubling you, and am saying a prayer that your heart will soon be at peace with it and your light will shine once more.

I know you well, I think, and I know that you have within you the strength to see this through. Gratitude is always a good place to start, and I'm grateful that you are willing to share your pain with friends here.

You're a dear friend, Doug, and my angel candle is lit just for you tonight.

I posted this before on Spirituality, but brought it here and hope it will help you reach for the light again.

Hugs and Love
Ann

Reach for the Light
~Steve Winwood~

Deep in the night
the winds blow cold
and in a heartbeat
the fear takes hold

Deep in the storm
there's a place that's soft and still
where the road waits to be taken
if you only will

The voices inside you
can lead your soul astray
Believe in what you dream
Don't turn away
don't you turn away

Reach for the light
You might touch the sky
Stand on the mountaintop
and see yourself flying
Reach for the light
to capture a star
Come out of the darkness
and find out who you are

Somewhere in time
the truth shines through
and the spirit knows
what it has to do

Somewhere in you
there's a power with no name
It can rise to meet the moment
and burn like a flame

And you can be stronger
than anything you know
Hold on to what you see
Don't let it go
don't you let it go

Now, there's no turning back
when your destiny is calling
Listen to the thunder roll
and let your heart break free

Reach for the light
Old 06-24-2005, 01:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
To Life!

Doug;
I'm sorry you're feeling batterred by the storm right now.
I've just finished a period like that; it was only the other day that I realized how much calmer life has been, dispite still dealing with my son's addiction and my loss of my job. It's better now!
I sometimes think that it's not the "things" that we are dealing with, or how fast and furious they can come at us, but, it's our reaction to those things.
You are strong in your recovery, Doug. A gratitude journal is a great place to start. Also the knowledge and believe that, this too will pass.
In the meantime, we are here for you...
Shalom, my friend!
Old 06-24-2005, 01:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To Life!

Blue;
I'm sorry you're dealing with this stuff too...
I understand your PM better now...
I have a feeling that the loss of this house will only mean a better house next time. Have faith; your HP has a purpose. I believe...
Shalom!