Daily Perspective Check

Old 06-13-2005, 05:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Daily Perspective Check

Sometimes help comes from unexpected sources. This is why it is important to go to any lengths. Every once in awhile it is good to do something that you had vowed wasn't needed or was below you. A few months back I gave $10 to a Veteran I'd gone through the program with. He has had a problem and I thought at one time of avoiding him. I gave him the $10 and he thanked me. He said that through his struggle I've been a great friend. He then reached in his back pocket producing a pocket version of The Big Book. He appologized saying it was all he had to share with a friend. I haven't seen him at the VA for a month and I worry. However, I do carry the Big Book and read it during my commute. Each time I take it out, I say a prayer for the unexpected source of this recovery gift. Don W
Old 06-13-2005, 06:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Wow, Don, the gifts we give each other, we may never know. You obviously have touched his heart in a special way, and I believe your prayers for him will be heard. Prayers for others are a gift too.

Hugs
Ann
Old 06-13-2005, 07:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Ann, Like we have both learned. Before shutting any door look inside then decide. Don W