Visualizing What You Want

Old 05-22-2005, 09:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Visualizing What You Want

The linked article is on the long side, read it if you have the time. It's about getting a clear picture of what you want in life in your mind's eye and keeping it there. Kind of a "if you build it, he will come" deal. This is all in keeping with the power of positive thinking. It's seeing what you want, over and over again. It keeps your goals in focus at all times. Another article I read recently said to make a list of everything that you want in life. Then make that list your mantra. Make it a tape in your head that is on continuous loop. I think the first step towards achieving any goals that we have is seeing them clearly with our mind's eye.
Related Article
Old 05-22-2005, 10:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Gabe

If I don't know what I want I will assume I need more. If I don't know where I'm going, I will end up somewhere else.

Getting the right vision is the start for me. I made lots of progress for years, then discovered it wasn't relevant to me. I like money, but I don't want to devote my life to making it. I find that hard to accept about myself. I don't have the dedication to do what I would have to do to get a ferrari. People from my background who get ferraris from their own determination are extremely focused and single-minded because the ferrari is that important to them. Now I like posing in front of you ladies, but I am not ferrari gaining mentality. But for many years I thought I ought to be.

I did quite a few psychometric tests and exercises (perfect day)to find out what was really important to me and I was shocked and a little disappointed. What I want is probably achievable. And worse still I want to have friends. Yuk.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

Hi Gabe...can't seem to get into that link???
Old 05-22-2005, 11:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wantneeda
Hi Gabe...can't seem to get into that link???
Here you go...
try copying and pasting
https://www.briantracy.com/main/arti...p?ArticleID=79
Old 05-22-2005, 11:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Gabe, I've read that a couple of times and although it seems like the power of positive thinking, which is good, I'm not sure it's good for someone like me.

I tend to be obsessive (ya, big surprise, I know ) and the things I really want out of life may or may not be attainable. There are some things that I just have to do the best I can with and then let go and see what life hands me.

Maybe I am confusing dreams with goals. I can follow through on goals and get where I need to go, but goals are not emotional to me, dreams are.

Maybe I need to read it again, because I'd sure like life to be heading the same direction I am and most days I feel like I'm swimming upstream.

Hugs
Ann
Old 05-22-2005, 11:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My take on this whole philosophy is that it's believing something before you see it. It's a way of using your faith that what you want in your life will happen and using visualization and positive thinking to start the process. I like the part in the article where he talks about feeding your subconscious and how “Your imagination is your preview of life’s coming attractions.”