Go With The Flow

Old 05-15-2005, 05:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Go With The Flow

You are reading from the book Touchstones.

If you can't fight and you can't flee, flow.
--Robert Eliot

Too often, we men have lived with a single answer to every situation: win. We saw our friendships in competitive terms, so we couldn't let our guard down. We looked at life as a challenge to be conquered rather than something to be enjoyed. Therefore, our first impulse was to fight and come out a winner. Many of us have played life like a game with only winners and losers, and we have neglected the deeper meaning in our experiences. Living that way, many of us have felt like losers.

We all experience moments when a situation is much more powerful than we are. Those moments feel like defeat unless we allow them to open a whole new viewpoint on our lives. When we can flow with a situation, which will have its own way anyhow, we have become more mature men. We can breathe a sigh of relief because much of the tension in our lives is reduced when we stop trying to conquer every moment and instead simply flow with it.

Today, I will practice playing a new game of flowing and thereby deepen my awareness of life.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by Ann

If you can't fight and you can't flee, flow.
--Robert Eliot
Though Eliot says things so wonderfully... I still like my own way of saying the same thing *LOL*

If you can't push..Pull
If you can't Pull... Get the heck out of the way.