Elder's Meditation May 9

Old 05-09-2005, 02:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doug

Elder's Meditation May 9

"Without a sacred center, no one knows right from wrong."
---- Thomas Yellowtail, CROW

In the center of the circle is where the powers reside. These powers are called love, principle, justice, spirtual knowledge, life, forgiveness and truth. All these powers reside in the very center of the human being. We access these powers by being still, quieting the mind. If we get confused, emotionally upset, feel resentment, anger, or fear, the best thing we can do is pray to the Great Spirit and ask Him to remove the anger and resentment. By asking Him to remove these obstacles, we are automatically positioned in the sacred center. Only in this way do we know right from wrong.

Great Spirit, allow me this day to live in the sacred center.

Old 05-09-2005, 04:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Spending quiet time to regain my balance helps me stay grounded and true to the positive energies within. The Native American use of the circle in so much of their spiritual practices makes sense. The medicine wheel, the dancing in circles and sitting in circles all put the healing powers in the centre. It is up to me to remove the negativity of resentments and fear and fill that space with positive energy like forgiveness and faith, and thus keep my centre balanced.