But B 4 I Go

Old 05-06-2005, 01:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

But B 4 I Go

The Captain Is Shoving Off. Can't Tell You All How Rewarding This Has Been For Me. They Say, The Only Thing Constant Is Change. Someone Was Here B 4 Me, And Someone, Will B Here After Me.

You Old Timers, Keep Helping The Newcomers Out. You Newcommers Help Out The Old Timers By Reminding Them It's Stil Out There. You People That Revolve In And Out Of This Program, Pray To God You Get It. An Old Timer Said Tonight We Old Timers Use A Relapse Like The Calvery Used A Scout. We Send You Out There And You Tell Us There's Too Much Fire Water

I First Got Into Aa I Didn't Want To Listen. I Kept Thinking I Can Do This My Own Way. My Best Thinking Put Me Into Aa. My Best Thinking Has Kept Me In Aa. I Was Headed On A Path Straight To Hell. You See Us Old Timers With A Death Grip On Their Meditation Books You Know, We've Been To Hell And Back. I've Seen Hell You All Won't Like It

I've Tried To Share My Ideas Of What You Needed To Hear On Here. I Was The Same Way Poor Me, Poor Me, Pour Me Another Drink. This Is A Pretty Simple Program. You Just Have To Want It. When You Get Up Each Day And The Reasons For Staying Sober Out Weigh The Reasons To Pick Up You Stand A Fighting Chance.

Thank God Almighty I'm Sober Today. Everyday Of The Year And The Years B 4 And The Years After Filled With The Misery That Drinking And Drugging Bring With It. Make No Mistake, Satin Is Alive And Well He's A Serving You That Next Drink And Giving You The Next Hit. Make No Mistake About It.

If You've Read This Far, Y Don't You Take It A Little Farther? Be Willing To Turn It Over. You've Already Admitted You Were Powerless, Seeing People Sober At A Meeting Should Have Given You A Clue There Is A Power At Work. Take The Next Step. Seek Out To God. He's There With His Arms Open For You. He Loves You And Wants You To Come Home

God Bless Everyone And Good Bye

Love

The Captain
Old 05-06-2005, 01:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry to see you go Captain!!!!
You have helped many here, including me.
We'll miss you.
All the best to you.....

Northwoods Lady
Old 05-06-2005, 02:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Well, I am suprised by this. You are a great helper here at SR. All the wisdom you have shared. Thanks so much for the help you gave me in posts. You will be missed here... Love, Becky
Old 05-06-2005, 03:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Zing, I too am surprised and will surely miss you. I don't know what led you to this decision, but I hope it was something positive and not an unhappiness here.

You have given so much, you are truly family here, I have learned from you and you will be missed. Please stop by and visit when you can, we'll save you a seat and keep the coffee fresh.

When someone leaves here, I believe they take a little piece of each one of us with them, and Zing, I know that you leave much love, learning and good memories here. It has been a pleasure to walk with you on this road called recovery. My love and prayers go with you.

Hugs
Ann
Old 05-06-2005, 03:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

Chris? Why?

I have so enjoyed your friendship and your support here. I hope that we can remain friends. You have really helped SO many people, I personally being one of them. I will always be a member in your fan club. ((HUGS))
Old 05-06-2005, 05:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Blessings on you Zing.
Thanks for sharing with us.
You will be missed.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes you will be missed.Please know that through you experience,strenght,and hope that you have helped me many,many times.Thank you.
God Bless,you .
Old 05-06-2005, 05:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((Captain)))))

I wish you well God Bless you!!!!
Old 05-06-2005, 05:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Paused

(((Chris)))

Goodbye for now. I hope you take care and maybe one day you'll decide to come back. You'll be missed, but do what you've gotta do. One last thing, is it something that can be easily resolved? The reason you are leaving that is?
Take care...

LeAnne
Old 05-06-2005, 05:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Capt'n -

I wish you wouldn't go... but I know you need to do whatever you must do. Thank you *heartily* for your words of wisdom and for the depth of caring you have shown me - and to so many others here. Can't say thank you enough!

I wish you nothing but the very best. I hope you do stop by sometime, let us know how you're doing; you have made a real difference in my life, and I'm sure I'm not the only one here who could say that.

Please take care,
--anne
Old 05-06-2005, 06:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Putting it all together

Red face

Originally Posted by CAPTAINZING2000
The Captain Is Shoving Off. Can't Tell You All How Rewarding This Has Been For Me. They Say, The Only Thing Constant Is Change. Someone Was Here B 4 Me, And Someone, Will B Here After Me.

You Old Timers, Keep Helping The Newcomers Out. You Newcommers Help Out The Old Timers By Reminding Them It's Stil Out There. You People That Revolve In And Out Of This Program, Pray To God You Get It. An Old Timer Said Tonight We Old Timers Use A Relapse Like The Calvery Used A Scout. We Send You Out There And You Tell Us There's Too Much Fire Water

I First Got Into Aa I Didn't Want To Listen. I Kept Thinking I Can Do This My Own Way. My Best Thinking Put Me Into Aa. My Best Thinking Has Kept Me In Aa. I Was Headed On A Path Straight To Hell. You See Us Old Timers With A Death Grip On Their Meditation Books You Know, We've Been To Hell And Back. I've Seen Hell You All Won't Like It

I've Tried To Share My Ideas Of What You Needed To Hear On Here. I Was The Same Way Poor Me, Poor Me, Pour Me Another Drink. This Is A Pretty Simple Program. You Just Have To Want It. When You Get Up Each Day And The Reasons For Staying Sober Out Weigh The Reasons To Pick Up You Stand A Fighting Chance.

Thank God Almighty I'm Sober Today. Everyday Of The Year And The Years B 4 And The Years After Filled With The Misery That Drinking And Drugging Bring With It. Make No Mistake, Satin Is Alive And Well He's A Serving You That Next Drink And Giving You The Next Hit. Make No Mistake About It.

If You've Read This Far, Y Don't You Take It A Little Farther? Be Willing To Turn It Over. You've Already Admitted You Were Powerless, Seeing People Sober At A Meeting Should Have Given You A Clue There Is A Power At Work. Take The Next Step. Seek Out To God. He's There With His Arms Open For You. He Loves You And Wants You To Come Home

God Bless Everyone And Good Bye

Love

The Captain
Chris-I have laughed and cried at some of your posts and threads....you will be missed BUT if you need to leave, you need to leave....I have had to do many things in the past for my own well-being.....may you prosper in your life, may you live long and smile often, may you bring joy to another person again......I will miss you.......Kahlia
Old 05-06-2005, 07:35 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Michael

I have been a member here for only a few weeks and have got to know a few of the regulars. Whenever I saw a message from you I would always read it carefully because it was clearly from your heart and showed your deep sense of caring.

You obviously have your reasons for leaving and I would be the last to pry. I would ask you to reconsider as your knowledge, experience and common sense directness will be sorely missed.

Good luck in the future no matter what you choose to do.

Michael
Old 05-06-2005, 07:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

(((Chris)))...i have to say i'm very sad to see you go....
From my heart to yours my friend, stay safe and smilin'
You will be in my thoughts, prayers and heart.
I will not say good-bye, but so long, be well
\\//peace and love, your friend in recovery, Wendy( my 1 year is on june 9th, maybe you could pop in?)...i know one day at a time... : )
Old 05-06-2005, 08:14 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

(((((Christopher)))))
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Take care,
Marsha
Old 05-06-2005, 08:15 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

(((Chris)))I am so sorry you are leaving you reached out a hand of support and friendship to me when i badly needed it and for that i am truelly grateful.......
Sometimes people come into are lives for a reason and i truelly be lieve in fate , you have helped more people than you could probley realise my friend with your posts ....
I wish you well Chris in what ever life brings you and hope that you return to us soon for you will be sorely missed .........................Love Kim xxxxxx
Old 05-06-2005, 09:00 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Body,Mind & Soul in that order

chris,
no! no!, you were ther for me on my first day of recovery, and everyday since. you are a great friend and i consider you family. please keep in contact. If you choose not to, i want you to know your help and guidence has been invaluable to me.

much love
xoxo
Miss Blue
Old 05-06-2005, 11:43 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Fair Chris!!!!!

Please don't go - you are too valuable here...please stay!
Old 05-06-2005, 12:06 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

So long captain. Thanks for being here.IMHomerSimpson will miss you,too.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:17 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by CAPTAINZING2000
You Just Have To Want It.
Thanks for leaving your footsteps in my path Zinger.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:55 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

They say, crow tastes better warm I miss this place too much not to b on it.
I just have to not let my emotions get in the way as much.

I do so much appreciate the fact that, people do care for each other on here as much as they do

hugs

chris