OT. It's just weed...

Old 03-04-2005, 06:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dan

OT. It's just weed...

Yesterday's events in Alberta just bring it all home to me.
Any substance holds the potential for danger. Once it provides someone with what they've been obsessing about, be it the high, or as in this case, quenching their insatiable thirst and greed for money, the elements are in place for disasters.
Sad, sad story.
http://www.canada.com/national/natio...3-49b39c021c6e

http://www.canada.com/news/national/...5-4e63798ff311
Old 03-04-2005, 06:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That is sad. I thought MJ was legal or nearly legal in CN?

Not that that would prevent what happened.

Tracy
Old 03-04-2005, 07:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

That was a really sad story Dan. What a mess.

Tracy, I think that you can have a small amount of marijuana on yourself and you'll just get a ticket. But, it's not 'legal' and for sure any other involvement, such as growing marijuana is not legal. I think that's correct!

Anna
Old 03-04-2005, 08:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Bad scene.I didnt watch the news last night so this is the first Ive heard about this one.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

Hi, I first heard this on the news while at work last night, yes very sad!!! I believe the man killed himself after killing the four RCMPS. Tracey again, pot is far from legal in Canada, last summer while my sisters tried an intervention, via calling the cops on me, they found out I had 2 warrants for parking tickets and decided to keep me in jail over night for them....when they went through my purse they found 1/2 a joint and iwas charged with possesion under 90 grams..
Our news forcast last night was full of sad stories....besides the four RC's, they found a man dead in a house not far from where i live, like a couple of blocks away....my first thought on that is of course drug related, this same thing happened only a month ago, that time being a block away and turned out to be an overdose of someone I knew. There was a woman on the news also who was going home last sunday night from work with her husband and a friend, they were ambushed, her husband was beaten in the head severely, they're car set on fire not to mention robbed...one of the headlines of this happening was that "though these people were not out looking for trouble- trouble found them anyway" . To add to the list of sad stories, a housefire in saskatoon ( about 2 hours away from me) a young couple and three children, don't know the severity of their injuries.
I'm praying hard today for the families of our four RCMP's, and those lost in active addiction, may even one of them see the light today!!!
Old 03-04-2005, 06:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Such a sad story, and tragic loss of life. For what...pot? Tell those young men's mothers that "it's just pot, it's harmless".

Prayers for their families
Ann
Old 03-05-2005, 02:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

deepest sympathy what a terrible waste of life.
indigo