Giving up

Old 11-26-2004, 02:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doug

Giving up

Giving up is not giving in, nor is it failing. It is no longer needing to be right.
--Anonymous

When someone tells us a riddle, we may give up if we don't know the answer. We give up because we are tired of trying to get it, or because we are eager to find out what it is.

Giving up in other situations, may be more difficult. We may need to give up eating something that isn't healthy for us. We may need to give up trying to win an argument. We may need to give up old clothes that we love which no longer fit us. When we don't want to give up, it may be because we have forgotten the knowledge, health, or peace of mind we gain by doing so.

In each case, giving up means growth and going on with our lives. Giving up may mean many different things in different situations, but it does not mean doing nothing. It means doing what seems right for us and giving up the expectation that what happens will be exactly what we want.

What can I gain by giving up something that is harmful today?

Old 11-26-2004, 02:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That is so true.
Old 11-26-2004, 04:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm a pack rat, both physically and mentally, tending to hang on to everything. I need to give up what is no longer useful and make room for new things. Thanks Doug.

Hugs
Ann
Old 11-26-2004, 04:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Oh Doug...life is a funny thing. I just just just posted that I am calling in the troops and waving the white flag. The Beav wins...I give up.