Overcoming the challenge...

Old 08-11-2018, 07:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Overcoming the challenge...

I think we'd all agree, for anyone regardless of class,race,gender age or (dis)ability. That recovery,for anyone is a challenge, how you pursue it and for how long is a matter for thee individual, for me it's all about quality not quantity, so I look for those people and things in my life that will support and enhance it on a constant basis...

One of which in the past five years has been Stoic philosophy, first attracted to it after reading an article highlighting its links to The Serenity Prayer.

An example of which is this, from Epictetus, who along with Marcus Aurelius and Seneca is one of the the three 'great' Stoic philosophers.

'If it is beyond your power to control. Let it go'

'Do not wish that all things will go well with you, but that you will go well with all things.'

In this way you will overcome life's challenges,rather than be overcome by them.
Old 08-11-2018, 07:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Red

Great post. Agree 100%.

Thanks.
Old 08-11-2018, 07:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great share as always, Mike. My husband and I often talk about making the next right choice, which can mean different stuff. I definitely spend plenty of time on "will this be emotionally positive, make me stronger and better as a person and to serve others" type of choice and effect.

Doing the step ten inventory every morning about the day prior is one way hat really helps me keep myself in check and doing the right thing, best I can.