A timely lesson ...

Old 05-27-2017, 09:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

A timely lesson ...

A good example of recovery, regrettably not my own I recently found in a friend met initially on SR (where else?) who when I was confronted by an unexpected family crisis without a thought for herself immediately shared her experience , strength and hope with me...

Displaying her strength of character and knowledge of and adherence to the three great spiritual values, compassion, tolerance and patience... a lesson for us all.

A timely lesson for us all...
Old 05-27-2017, 10:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Magsie

I've found the same compassion and caring here on SR too, Redmayne.
Thank goodness we found it.x
Old 05-28-2017, 03:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A lovely, lovely post Red.

You are very special to us here at SR.

Sometimes you just need to let others look after you and the only explanation as to why is that you are deserving of care and compassion.

You are not letting your guard down when you admit that a situation is causing worry, or upset or sadness.
You are letting others know you are human with worries that affect us all at some time.

As for me I am known for saying 'I'm fine, really, I'm fine'.

It reminds me that I do need to say more often that I am not fine. That yes I am hurt, that I am upset or scared. And yes I would like some kind words or some support.

Wishing you a happy Sunday xx
Old 05-28-2017, 04:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Red- patience and compassion? Yep- got that. PATIENCE? PATIENCE? okay if I can GET it- now.
thanks.
Old 05-28-2017, 05:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is one of the things I like best about my home group. It is a close knit group and people consistently share (read: remind me!) about getting through the REALLY hard stuff- and being SO grateful they did that stuff sober. Liver cancer (after being sober!), death of [ insert close family member here], a child's sickness, moving in/on alcoholic parents who are getting old and still drinking.....

Grateful for all the support, from all sources, that "Timely Reminders" provide me when I pay attention. I think of this as part of my "shoring up" strength and tools for the hard times I know are ahead for me.

Thanks, Redmayne.