Balance of Active Recovery

Old 10-18-2016, 05:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Balance of Active Recovery

I have to say, my recovery cup runneth over lately. What a great problem to have!

I've found over the past few months that I have a plethora of recovery activity. To the point where I am out of balance and it's a bit much. I'm slowly learning how to tip the scales and find out what the right amount is.

I'm grateful that I'm finding out that life is not a race, it's a journey. When I was drinking there was only one focus. Whether it was a day where drinking was allowed or a day where it wasn't. How sad.

This board is a large part of my success in recovery. I learn from everyone here, from the newcomer posting for the first time showing me how very mindful I must be, to the strength and wisdom I've gained from of all of you who made the decision to get sober ahead of me. Even for the 19 months I walked away there wasn't a day that I didn't think about this place. I knew that eventually I'd be back. The only peace I found when I came back was here and at meetings. To see familiar faces from before. As long as this board was here I knew there was hope.

I guess this post is just some gratitude to every person here because you're all a huge part of my success. You keep me going
Old 10-18-2016, 06:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you came back LB - you're doing great!

D
Old 10-19-2016, 08:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The power of community!! Even if it is just electronic.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi.. How are you all doing?
Old 02-07-2017, 05:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Balance is key!! I spend a lot of time on recovery work and my routine works for me (now). As long as I keep moving forward and growing, I am good- adjusting things around a busy life have to happen and I have to make sure I do stay in balance in all areas.

Glad to see you!