Coffee and AA

Old 09-30-2004, 05:50 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

abtchonamission----I just got your name! lol I couldn't figure it out and then it just jumped out at me. Hilarious!

If you take 19/23 North, you'll run into the Marshall exit just past Weaverville. I'm actually closer to Weaverville but I'm just over the county line. Saves me a bundle in taxes!
Old 09-30-2004, 11:20 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sorry, I didn't think the first post went through.
Old 10-02-2004, 10:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Another Long Rookie Thread...

Green tea is a great detox tool for caffeine addiction. It has plenty of caffeine but not as much as coffee. You can ween yourself and then switch to decaf green tea with little withdrawal trouble. Also half decaf, half regular was a strategy I used, but that tastes pretty bad. Like anything else, cold turkey works best, but it ain't easy. I usually go that route because it makes me realize how much a substance affects me and how ridiculous it is that I put something like that in my body. But I really loves me some coffee...

Heck, don't listen to me, I feel like crap after downing a big Starbucks today. Due to my insomnia I had feared caffeine for a while, and I'd gone about a month with none.

Whenever my brain chemistry gets off, I crave booze big time. Coffee makes me want to drink to relax. It's caused me to fall off before, just as weed has. Coffee blurs my judgement like a "real" drug. But that's just me, guess I've got natural anxiety issues that contribute to that.