All I know...

Old 04-25-2015, 03:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

All I know...

Al I know of my recovery, obviously I can't speak for anyone else nor do I take issue with them on the subject, as I wouldn't expect them to on mine.

Is that once I recognized and accepted I was a 'real alcoholic', as described in Chapter 3,'More About Alcoholism' in the book 'Alcoholics Anonymous' 4th Ed., although to be honest, I don't think it matters if you drink yourself into being addicted to alcohol or, like me, your alcoholism is inherent.

And fully read and understood the chapters in the same book, titled 'The Doctor's Opinion' and chapter 5, 'How It Works', after which, I THOROUGHLY followed the suggested 12 Step program of recovery, to the best of my ability.

The consequence of which, despite, at least initially mine and others doubts, the evidence of which being that I am not only alive, but safe, sane and sober, 2626 days after having a 'spiritual or psychic experience' see both the previously referred to,' The Doctor's Opinion' and 'Bill's Story' in the same book.

I still, a day at a time, practise these principles and try to make spiritual progress in my daily prayers and meditations, whilst at the same time accepting the AA maxims of ,'live and let live' and ,'keep it simple', as I've tried to do here...
Old 04-25-2015, 08:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Redmayne

On reflection...

On reflection, particularly to those new to recovery, all I would add, and it doesn't matter what program or path to recovery you choose.

It's the quality of your recovery, that matters NOT the quantity. I'm no better being 2626 days sober than 1 day, progress is made one day at a time...
Old 04-25-2015, 08:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

We are granted a day if we sincerely ask for it. So far this simple act of faith and surrender has worked out pretty well