Dictionary, a wonderful tool

Old 04-22-2015, 11:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dictionary, a wonderful tool

I personally like these 2 definitions of the word Recovery
- the regaining of or possibility of regaining something lost or taken away.
- restoration or return to health from sickness.

What do I need to search for answers for. Everything I need is taken from my past. If time and time again I do the same thing over again yet I get the same results then something needs to change in order for me to move on in life and recovery. Return to health from sickness, meaning I was sick. Step one from AA suggests that We were powerless over alcohol - that our lives had become unmanagable. The key word there being were. To state it another way, In the past I was powerless over alcohol. I am not powerless over alcohol anymore. Again that our lives had become unmanagable. Again the word had, means in the past. Due to my drinking my life was unmanagable. Now that I am not drinking my life is managable under His care Gods care.

I choose to drink or not the choice is up to me whether I drink or not. I drink bad things happen. Bad things happen when we are sober too it just doesnt happen as often or as frequent. I like what is said sometimes that everytime I got into trouble I was drunk. I didnt get into trouble everytime I drank but it sure progressed to that in the end.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Thanks for what I ....

Thanks for what I perceive as a 'statement of intent', followed, more importantly by taking the actions necessary to pursue it, in a positive, constructive manner...

'It's not just God's will that we be happy, but that we make ourselves happy' - Immanuel Kant.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

For me "Recovery" means regaining the same attitude towards drinking liquor as I had as a child - before even knowing what the attraction of getting tipsy or inebriated was all about.

When I first got sober I thought that level of liberation from thoughts of drinking was impossible. I had over 30 of drinking experience behind me and expected that it could never be overcome completely. However, having had a Spiritual Awakening as the result of a course of action (not time), I did in fact, experience a total Emancipation from both the desire and the temptation to drink alcohol. That's why I no longer call myself "recovering". I have recovered what is know as Moksha in some Eastern religions.

"In Indian religions and Indian philosophy, moksha (Sanskrit: मोक्ष mokṣa), also called vimoksha, vimukti and mukti,[1] means emancipation, liberation or release.[2] In the soteriological and eschatological sense, it connotes freedom from saṃsāra, the cycle of death and rebirth.[3] In the epistemological and psychological sense, moksha connotes freedom, self-realization and self-knowledge."

Moksha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia