Of What was He Thinking???

Old 02-20-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Of What was He Thinking???

Sometimes I am a Stark Raving Lunatic in my own estimation.

I have been completely Sober and FREE from the hideous Obsession/Drinking/Craving cycle for well over a year now, thanks to the Miracle of the AA 12 Step Program. I have a very good Sponsor, good AA friends dedicated to their Sobriety and the 12 Steps, attend a regular amount of meetings, Pray & Meditate, and continue to the best of my time & ability to work the Daily Steps, 10, 11, 12.

However, the thoughts that run through my head are often like a whirlwind, add job induced stress with impossible time deadlines and job costs and conditions spun out of whack, bills and family expenses at the brink every week, plus instincts still out of control at times, add unforeseen life events that seem to come wild at me out of nowhere...it can be a harrowing place to live..inside my mind.

Sometimes I have fits where I catch myself screaming out loud, and I know if someone has seen me, they must be saying, Of What was He Thinking???

I actually love that line in the AA Big Book, and some of the things I used to say and do in my active Obsession/Drinking/Craving cycles, even when I look back I say...Of What was He Thinking???

And there is NO REAL ANSWER...only the hint that maybe I am a Stark Raving Lunatic...but at least nowadays I am SOBER & FREE.

RDBplus3...Happy(at times), Sober & FREE.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Redmayne

I must admit...

I must admit in now what's been 7 years sobriety, I like to think I'm safe, sane and sober, with the reservation that 'the jury's still out' as to the sane bit...but a day at a time gets me through it. Thanks, great post!
Old 03-03-2015, 01:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Over a year sober.
You have worked all 12 steps, how many Sponsees do/did you have?