Unintended consequences.

Old 09-09-2014, 11:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Unintended consequences.

Whilst in recovery, I've found it best to remember that we deal with alcohol, cunning, baffling and powerful and it pays to be ever vigilant. Not least as alcoholism is one of the few, if not the only disease/illness that will tell you, you don't have it.

For me, in sobriety by applying a few simple principles, mainly to be found in my case by applying those found in the suggested 12 Step program of recovery, although others are free to choose their own path to recovery. 'Live and let live', right!

Together with my efforts to make spiritual progress, one of the unintended consequences is that, though not all the time, but most of the time.

It allows me to live my life in a state of effortless, effort by simply being myself. Exactly as the God of my understanding and nature wanted me to be all along before being struck down by my inherent alcoholism.

Proving that it's not always the case of what we see that matters, more often than not it's what we don't see that really matters and that's something that affects us all!
Old 09-15-2014, 02:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Very well spoken, Red.

The best thing about sobriety for me is that I get to lead a pretty normal life, with the exception of spending a little time in church basements and class C office space (where the AA clubhouses tend to be located).
Old 09-23-2014, 12:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Redmayne

I don't remember....

I don't remember likening myself to either, that thought is yours not mine, air it if you want, but at least take responsibility for it and don't make presumptions about others that have no basis in reality. You just know, 'it'll all end in tears'...
Old 09-23-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by Redmayne View Post
It allows me to live my life in a state of effortless, effort by simply being myself.
Wu wei - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia